2 - 4 min
|Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0.6 g|
Add to Shopping List
- Slice each piece of bread lengthwise without separating the halves and place a 1" ball of aluminum foil in the center of each slice. The foil will help make an open space for the stuffing (think pita bread). Put bread in a toaster oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from toaster oven, remove foil, and stuff each slice with chilled pumpkin filling. Whisk together the Neufchâtel cheese, plain low-fat yogurt, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and dash of cinnamon for the pumpkin filling.
- For the batter, whisk together the egg white, almond milk, plain low-fat yogurt, pumpkin purée, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice in a shallow bowl. Carefully dip stuffed bread into the batter and coat on each side.
- Heat an olive oil-sprayed pan and sear bread for 2-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and serve immediately with pure maple syrup or slivered almonds, if desired.
- Handy Hint: If slicing up challah gets messy, use thinly sliced bananas to patch spots.