Bloomin’ Cinnamon Apples
An apple a day keeps the doctor away! This healthy treat provides plenty of B vitamins, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and fiber. One apple also has a day's worth of manganese, which is an essential trace mineral involved in blood sugar regulation and bone formation—and it's a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a medium baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, sugar, and cinnamon. Feel free to mix in any other spices you'd like to add.
- Cut the apples vertically, into medium-sized slices, being careful to cut around the core.
- Lay apple slices on baking dish and pour half of melted honey-sugar mixture on them, then flip them over and pour rest of mixture on the other side of the slices. Alternatively, put apple slices into the bowl and mix them around, being sure to completely coat them (you may need to do this in batches), then lay them on baking dish.
- If desired, sprinkle any additional spices on slices. Bake for 20 minutes.
|Sodium||Less than 5 mg|