|Saturated fat||4.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||1.6 g|
Add to Shopping List
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8" springform pan or fluted tart pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper, too.
- In the bowl of a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally and adding the salt. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg yolks with 1/2 cup of the sugar until light in color and thick, similar in texture to a loose whipped cream, about 3 minutes. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, followed by the almond meal and coffee liqueur.
- Whip the egg whites with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until they hold stiff peaks, about 5 minutes. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, a third at a time, being careful not to overmix. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake puffs up and looks dry, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool at room temperature, and don’t worry if the cake falls a bit.
BetterForYou.com / Nina Lincoff