4 Dozen cookies
Independence Live Recipe
Add to Shopping List
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine ingredients 1-7 in a medium bowl.
- Cream coconut oil and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer, then add molasses, water and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, at low speed, until just combined.
- Separate dough into thirds, placing each on a 12-inch piece of parchment paper, then top with sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll out each third to about 1/4 inch thick and freeze for 30 min.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on cookie sheet, cut cookies with cookie cutter, then lay 1 1/2 inches apart, saving scraps for more dough, following instructions above.
- Bake each cookie sheet about 10 minutes, center rack, then cool on sheet for 5 additional minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack until completely cool.
- Decorate as desired and enjoy!