The roasted chile paste adds a distinctive taste to this salmon recipe
Add to Shopping List
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the oven to 450 F. Line two baking dishes with foil.
- Wash and dry the cauliflower and carrots. Break the cauliflower into florets. Halve the carrots lengthwise and cut them into 2-inch segments. Place the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Grate the ginger and garlic with a fine grater. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chile paste, fish sauce (if using), chile sauce (if using), and honey. Stir in the ginger and garlic. Measure out a scant ½ cup of the chile mixture; set aside. Using a whisk, mix the olive oil into the remaining chile mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Toss the cauliflower and carrots with the olive oil–chile mixture. Put the coated vegetables into one of the prepared baking dishes and bake for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. (The vegetables will roast for a total of 40 minutes, including time in the oven with the salmon.)
- Wash the salmon and pat it dry. Pour the reserved chile mixture into the remaining prepared baking dish and place the fish skin-side up into the dish. Bake for 8 minutes. (Vegetables will continue to roast on a separate rack.)
- Remove the fish from the oven and peel off the skin. Flip the fillets to coat the other side with sauce. Return to the oven and bake 2 minutes more.