Creamy Orzo with Mushrooms
Learn to prepare an easy family favorite by adding flavorful vegetables and spices to this creamy pasta dish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the mushrooms with 2 tbsp canola oil, a pinch of salt and ground black pepper on a baking sheet. Spread out in a single layer.
- Roast mushrooms, stirring halfway through, until well browned and crisp around the edges, about 25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then scrape up with a spatula and transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp canola oil in a large pot over med-high heat. Add the leek and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook until the leek softens, about 2 minutes. Bring the orzo, 2 cups water, milk, 3/4 tsp salt to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is al dente, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese, spinach, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon parsley. Stir until the cheese melts and the spinach wilts; add a splash of water if the mixture is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the mushrooms with the lemon zest and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Divide the orzo among bowls and top with the mushroom mixture.
|Saturated fat||7 g|