Add to Shopping List
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan with mushrooms. Cook until browned.
- In a small pot, heat vinegar and rice over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Add 1/2 cup each of broth and water and cook uncovered until liquid is absorbed. Add remaining water and broth.
- Add peas to rice and cook until rice is tender. Stir in onions, mushrooms and optional cheese. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.