Portobello Veggie Burger
1 cup burger patty
3 extra large
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- In a large bowl add 1 cup of black beans and mash with a masher or fork (chunks are okay).
- Mix in mushrooms, remaining cup of beans, broccoli, garlic, onion, Worcestershire and steak seasoning.
- Then add in the eggs, cheese and Panko. Mix gently with a large spoon until the mixture is combined.
- Take a 1-cup measuring scoop and pack with burger mix.
- Turn measuring cup upside down and tap mixture on to plate. Repeat four more times. Mix should make approximately 5 (1 cup) patties.
- Set patties aside while you place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add in 1 tbsp. of oil or spray with oil.
- Once the oil starts to shimmer (about a minute or two), place patties in pan and cook for 4-6 minutes per side or until golden brown and a crust has formed on each side.
- Serve with hummus, guacamole, or steak sauce. Should make 5 large burgers. If you would like small burgers, use 1/2 cup when making patties. If you plan to freeze burgers, package uncooked patties individually in plastic wrap. Then store in freezer bag or plastic container. When you are ready to cook, let burger thaw for 30 minutes in refrigerator then cook using the instructions above.