Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
7-9 hrs (unattended)
- Trim pork of all fat, keeping butchery strings on. In a slow cooker on low heat, add water, onion, chilis, garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dark brown sugar and ketchup.
- Place the pork tenderloin into the slow cooker, and cover. Cook on low for 7-9 hours, or until pork is fork tender.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer the tenderloin to a large, flat dish. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pork broth (avoiding any fat), and discard remaining liquids.
- Mix reserved broth with the blackberry sauce, and microwave on high for approximately 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Shred cooked pork into thick pieces with a fork and separate into six servings. Mix each serving with 2 tbsp cooked blackberry sauce. Serve over hearts of romaine, and garnish with parsley.
- TIP: Try this recipe with our Blackberry-Ginger Barbecue Sauce or your favorite low calorie sauce. (Note: includes calories from Blackberry-Ginger Barbecue Sauce)
|Saturated fat||2.7 g|