Crispy Kale Salad with Miso Dressing
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss soybeans with 1 tablespoon olive oil on a baking sheet and spread evenly. Roast, stirring occasionally, until soybeans begin to look toasted, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Take 3/4 of the chopped kale and toss with dressing. Toss the remaining kale in a separate bowl with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, flaxseed, and breadcrumbs. Spread over a baking sheet in a single layer and bake until crisped, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Toss all kale, raisins, and roasted soybeans together. Serve immediately.
- To make dressing, whisk white miso, non-fat Greek yogurt, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and zest from half a navel orange together until smooth. Refrigerate until use.
- Handy Hint: Kale can be naturally tough, so chopping it into bite-size pieces, deveining the leaves, and tossing the raw kale with an acidic dressing while the coated kale crisp up tenderizes the greens, leaving you with easy-to-eat leafy greens.
|Saturated fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||6.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||5.4 g|