|Saturated fat||3 g|
Independence Live Recipe
Add to Shopping List
- Prepare dressing: Whisk ingredients except oil in bowl until blended. Slowly whisk in ¼ cup oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast quinoa in dry skillet over medium heat a few minutes. Transfer to sieve; rinse thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add and stir garlic.
- Add apricots and quinoa; continue cooking, stirring often.
- Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl and toss with ⅓ cup of the dressing. Let cool down for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add tomatoes and onion to quinoa; toss to coat. Combine spinach with remaining dressing in bowl. Layer quinoa salad on spinach; sprinkle with almonds, if desired.