|Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||3.4 g|
Add to Shopping List
- Crush poblano chiles, garlic, and cilantro with a mortar and pestle (or food processor or stone) to form a paste.
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot on medium-low. Add paste and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant, stirring often. Stir in green chiles, bell pepper, and edamame and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil on high (approximately 10 minutes). Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté tomatoes and onion in olive oil until just warmed. Pour soup into bowls and top with tomato-onion mixture and garnishes, if using.
- Optional garnishes: 2 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips and toasted,1 lime, cut into wedges, or Greek yogurt
- Handy Hint: Some like it spicy. Kick up the heat with a dash or more of your favorite hot sauce for a hit of appetite-curbing capsaicin.