Have you heard of moon milk? It’s an old Ayurvedic remedy for sleep. (Ayurvedic medicine is a whole-body approach that was developed in India thousands of years ago.) It contains several anti-inflammatory herbs and spices, along with a natural adaptogen called ashwagandha, which helps calm the body. This warm drink is all about positive energy and balance in the body
- Add milk to small saucepan; simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add cinnamon, turmeric, ashwagandha, cardamom, ginger, and black pepper.
- Whisk vigorously (to avoid clumps) until combined.
- Add ghee/coconut oil, reduce heat to low, and cook for at least 5-10 minutes. (The longer it cooks, the stronger the milk is.)
- Remove from heat and let milk cool slightly.
- Add honey and stir. Top with a sprinkle of additional cinnamon, if desired.
Tip: For maximum benefits, enjoy this drink after dinner or before bed.