Chickpea and Japanese Sweet Potato Burger
Serve this delicious burger with a healthy side salad—no bun needed
6 medium patties
1 can low-sodium
2 chopped Japanese
2 Tbsp high-heat oil like
1 medium, peeled and grated,
1/4 cup, roasted or fresh, red or
1/4 cup chopped
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Clean sweet potatoes and chop into small cubes. Add 1/2 of the oil to skillet on medium heat, then add chickpeas and sweet potatoes; cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add almond milk and stir. Lower heat slightly, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel and grate carrot, and chop spinach, bell pepper, scallions, and parsley.
- Pour cooked chickpea mixture into medium bowl, then add carrot, spinach, bell pepper, and scallions. Add parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and flaxseed meal. Add egg, if desired. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Form mixture into 6 patties.
- Add rest of oil to skillet and heat on medium-high heat. Put patties on skillet, cook 3-4 minutes, flip, and cook another 3-4 minutes. Serve and enjoy!