Roasted Eggplant and Cauliflower Wraps
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prick the eggplant all over with a fork and put on a baking sheet. Bake until the eggplant is roasted, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- While the eggplant is cooling, trim and chop the cauliflower into florets. Peel and slice the onion into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss both with olive oil, cumin, and smoked paprika and spread the florets and onions on the same baking sheet you used for the eggplant. Roast the veggies until tender and golden, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat for later use.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and drain off any excess liquid. Remove any stems and roughly chop the eggplant. Add to the bowl of a food processor with the garlic and tahini and pulse until smooth. Scoop into a plastic container with a lid and keep, refrigerated, until ready to use.
- To serve, take 1/4 of the eggplant spread and divide it among the four lavash or tortilla wraps, spreading it in a smooth layer. Divide the cauliflower amongst the wraps and arrange in an even line across each wrap. Sprinkle with parsley and mint. Roll the wraps up and enjoy. To take the wraps to go, wrap them up in wax paper.
- Handy Hint: To cut down on assembly time, roll the two large lavash pieces with half the ingredients each and then cut them in half to make four sandwiches.
|Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||3.3 g|