about 3 ounces asparagus and 2 tablespoons sauce
|Saturated fat||0.7 g|
Add to Shopping List
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Place egg yolks in a small bowl; stir well with a wire whisk.
- Combine water, cornstarch, and salt in a small, heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixture to egg yolks, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Add egg yolk mixture to remaining cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until temperature reaches 160°. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and margarine.
- To serve, spoon sauce over asparagus, and sprinkle with lemon rind, if desired.
All-New Complete Step-by-Step Diabetic, Oxmoor House 2010